Ernest: Print Issue 2
New to our online store: We’re thrilled to be stocking Ernest Journal. Ernest is a blog, iPad magazine and biannual printed journal for curious and adventurous gentlefolk.
It is a guide for those who appreciate true craftsmanship, who are fascinated by curious histories and eccentric traditions and who care more for timeless style than trends.
It is a periodical of substance created for folk who love to build fires, embark on road trips, camp under a canopy of stars and run full pelt into the sea.
Ernest appeals to those of us who appreciate a craft gin cocktail as much as a hearty one-pot supper, who love the grain of wood and the smell of paper, who’d like to learn how to fly fish, brew beer in their shed and name all the constellations of the northern hemisphere. It is for people who like to whittle.
Featured articles inside print issue 2:
- Explore the Outer Hebrides by sea kayak, meet the couple weaving Skye’s landscape into cloth and spend a day with a West Coast prawn fisherman.
- Follow a battle of wills between an 18th-century surgeon and an Irish circus attraction.
- Enter a room filled with over 900 frozen brains to learn about these mysterious organs.
- Meet the Isle of Wight globemaker who fuses NASA technology and modern design with a devotion to time-honoured methods dating back to the 1600s
- Salted hides, oak liquor and fish grease: step inside Britain’s last oak tannery.
- Investigate the murky origins of porter
- Gather cockles and edible seaweed then prepare a simple lobster supper on the barbecue.
- Meet the father and son team restoring ancient keyboards to their former glory.
- Search for Britain’s 3,000 ghost villages.